Other Real Esate Professions Besides Being a Realtor
When most people think of real estate, they think of realtors. But there are actually a variety of real estate professions out there. Here are five of them:
1. Mortgage lender: Mortgage brokers help people secure loans to buy homes or other real estate properties. They work with a variety of lenders to find the best loan products for their clients and help them through the application process
2. Appraisers: Appraisers are responsible for estimating the value of homes and other real estate properties. This information is used by buyers, sellers, and lenders to determine prices and make informed decisions about transactions.
3. Home inspectors: Home inspectors examine homes and report on their condition, highlighting any potential problems that might need to be addressed. This information is used by buyers to make informed decisions about whether or not to purchase a particular property.
4. Title Closers: The title closer's only job is to host the closing for the buyer and seller to sign their closing documents at the closing table. The closer just needs to provide, explain, and make sure all of the paperwork is signed to transfer the property from one part to the other other
5. Transaction Coordinator: The transaction coordinator works in conjunction with the realtor to help them process all of the paperwork once the client is under contract. They will coordinate with the client, realtors, lender, title company, and any other vendors needed to move the transaction towards the closing table.
And here are a few bonus professions you may be interested in:
1. Property managers: These professionals are responsible for the day-to-day management of rental properties, including dealing with tenants, maintenance issues, and financial record-keeping.
2. Real estate developers: Developers buy land and then build homes or other real estate developments on it. They typically work with a team of architects, engineers, and construction workers to get the job done
Being a realtor is not for everyone, but if you want to be a part of the real estate industry, there are many other aspects of the business you can get involved in.